Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lemon Souffle Pancakes

I've seen this pin lately on Pinterest for lemon souffle pancakes and they looked divine. I decided to give them a go. They turned out super tasty, but didn't look very much like the picture I had seen. Oh well. 

I got the recipe here and pretty much followed it to the T. The only thing I changed was leaving out the lemon zest, but only because El can be particularly averse to lemon sometimes. 


Interesting fact: if you don't have buttermilk, you can make your own by adding lemon juice to regular milk and letting it "cure." The first step in this recipe is to add lemon juice to buttermilk. I can't help but wonder if this was an experiment in making butter milk that went terribly right. 


Instead of the usual powdered sugar (as is the norm on breakfast food (yuck!)) we sprinkled some castor sugar on them. I had some left-over berry syrup from my flour-less chocolate cake from earlier in the week, so I used that as well. You can use whatever you think will make them the yummiest. 



This may replace my go-to pancake recipe from now on. Who knows? 

No comments:

Post a Comment